Donovan


Every time I watch The Rules of Attraction I lust for the split-screen scene that follows Sean & Lauren, up early on a Saturday for their (cancelled) tutorial on the post-modern condition. And every time it comes, I tell myself to find the song that's playing and never let it go. But then Victor gets back from Europe and Paul dances with Dick and the movie is over and I'm way too high. I owe my life to David at music (for robots), who posted that beautiful tune a couple days ago. Ironically, the 1965 mono version he posted (also on the movie soundtrack) is not the version actually used in the film. That is the out-of-print 1969 stereo version, which I'm posting here, along with the more common recording. I've listened to each one about twenty times this morning. In the morning, when we rise.




Donovan - Colours (1969 Stereo Version)
Donovan - Colours (1965 Mono Version)


right-click, save target as | buy from Amazon
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:39 AM

sweet! i don't know anything about him except that dylan didn't like him. school me.

ry    



10:59 PM

I'm telling you, the version I like the best--as unpopular as it might be to say so--is the version sung by Terrence Stamp in POOR COW. Rent it and tell me I'm not the most righteous man who ever lived.    



5:20 AM

Help! I can't get that song, or follow that link.. I need that song, I can't find it anywhere..

I NEED the 1969 version so bad it's like i gotta go pee...

davidplayed@hotmail.com    



» Post a Comment